Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuous Form Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

caykamanj1966

Technical User
Jun 23, 2013
US
I have a continuous form that displays records from a query.

I have a checkbox that is set to "True" when new records are added.

Based on that, when that checkbox is True, for the records that are shown, I want to copy values from one field to the other.

I want to do this when the form is opened on the "OnCurrent" event.

I have a command button on that continuous form also, so when the form is opened, I want to automatically trigger it to click by doing the following. Please do not pay attention to the naming convention of anything, cause they all will change:

Code:
Call Command48_Click

When that button is automatically clicked, I have this code behind it:

Code:
If Me.isCheck.value = True Then
Me.Text43.value = Me.submit_form.value
End If

The problem with this is that it is only updating, the active record and not all the records that are shown, that have "isCheck" button checked to True.

How do I get this to update all the records that are shown on the continuous form?

I would use a recordsetclone based on the forms records. Loop through the records and update the field.

If you haven’t set a filter on the form, you might be able to use an update query.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back