Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuous Form - Set CheckBox based On Value in another Control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelville

Programmer
Jan 20, 2009
CA
I have been searching this site and the web for many hours for a solution to my problem and tried many things.
It seems simple:
if value in Control [Deposit] = "CanH", set checkbox [SentRec] to true. But I can't make it work?

This is what I've entered under Conditional Formatting for Control [Deposit]:
IiF([Deposit]="CanH",[SentRec]=True,[SentRec]=False)

Thanks for any help.

CheckBoxes do not respond to Conditional Formatting and CF does not work the way you have it anyway.

(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP acXP, ac07 - winXP Pro, Win7 Pro
Please respond to this forum so all may benefit

RG, thanks for your reply. Do you have any suggestions or can this not be done? Pretty pathetic if there is no solution.
P.S. you say "CF does not work this way" - how should the express be coded e.g. to determine if [Deposit} has a value of "CanH".
I'm a longtime mainframe developer with little knowledge of the "beyond basics" Access.

How are ya noelville . . .

You can initially run an update query to set [blue]SentRec[/blue] proper in the table. Then in the [blue]After Update[/blue] event of [blue]Deposit[/blue] the following code controls [blue]SentRec[/blue]:
Code:
[blue]   If Me!Deposit = "CanH" Then
      Me.SentRec = True
   Else
      Me.SentRec = False
   End If[/blue]
[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.