Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuous form problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have a database with a table name Schedule wich contains thoses fields.

EmployeeNo
WeekNo
Year
Dayofweek (Sunday, Monday,...)
Shift (Day, Afternoon, Night)
Start (beginning of the shift)
Duration (how many hours of work)
Description (type of work to be done)

Data in that table would look like that:
EmployeeNo WeekNo Year Dayofweek Shift Start Duration Desc.
123 1 2004 Sunday Day 8:00 8 Work
123 1 2004 Sunday After 0 Off
123 1 2004 Sunday Night 0 Off
123 1 2004 Monday Day 7:00 10 Work

I already have create a form with the EmployeeNo and a subform with the rest of the informations of the table. But my boss would like to have a continuous form who would look like that

Heading of the form:
WeekNo
Year
Shift
EmployeeNo Sunday Monday Tuesday ....
Detail (this section need to be continuous):
EmployeeNo Start Start Start
Duration Duration Duration
Description Description Description

Is it possible to be done.

Thanks

Frank

I would suggest having the form create a temporary table that has fields along the lines of:
EmpNo, SunStart, MonStart ... SatStart, SunDur, MonDur, ... SatDur, SunDesc, MonDesc ...

The form could fill in this temporary table with information for the current week, year and shift and then set it as the recordsource for the form. It would probably be a bit of coding to fill in the table but could be done.

Another issue would be updating the information because it would only update in the temporary table, so some coding to get the information back into the db would be required.

Hope this helps,
Tom

Place the WeekNo, Year and Shift controls in the form header, the rest stays in the detail section.

Mind you, if you're looking for grouping as one does in reports (new "group headers" per employee), I don't think that's doable through a form.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back