Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuos Page to Page Background Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

btturner

Programmer
May 17, 2001
US
Using FP 2003, I recently set my home page to play music when the page is rendered. Unfortunately, when the user leaves the page to access another page on the site, the music stops!

Is there a way to Keep the music playing as a user traverses the site?

(
thanks in advance!
BT

Hi btturner.

You can do this but would need to use frames.. the music stops because the page is reloaded. the only way i know of to do this is to use a page split in two horizontal frames.. Set the first frame to 1 pixel and the second frame to relative..

In the first frame (the 1 pixel) create a page BLANK that plays music..

in the second frame place your home page of the site.

Whenever a link is clicked only the second frame will change.. so the music from the first frame will constantly play.. you can remove the borders of the frame and the site will look no different..

I hope that helps

Cheers

As an alternate, you could create a small pop under window with the music loaded on that page. Give the user an option to close this window to turn off the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back