Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

continuos form: how to display the different record in a different way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide77

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
CH
I have a continuos form with some controls. Two of them are relevant for this problem: a cbo with a "Yes" or "No" and a txt control. The txt control visibility depends on the cbo in this way: if the combo is "no" then the txt is invisible, else it is visible. Now the problem is that when I display this form in continuos view the txt controls act always the same in each row. I would like that in each row they act in according to the cbo of their row: that means that in some row they will be visible and in some not. But the visbility of all the txt control depends always on one cbo: the one of the selected record. Does someone has an idea?

Hi Davide77,

Your Form design provides a template for one record, just the one, which is used for the display of every record. You can change that template but it affects every copy of it in continuous forms view.

The only thing that can differ from one record to the next is the data, so if you want to see different things on different rows, you must change the data, not the design. For what you describe, something like this for the textbox Recordsource should do it:

=IIF(cbo="No","",[txtField])

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question.

Davide77,

You could set the Conditional formatting to change the backcolor and font color of the text box to the same color as the backcolor of your form when the combo box says 'no'. It won't really be hidden just camoflauged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back