Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

continuing issues with Windows 10 slow transfer to NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flinx

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
US
previously discussed
new information:
still atrociously slow file transfers from W10 with any small files to my qnap or synology.
Synology seems to be slightly faster but still absurdly slow.

Several months ago I installed an app on my android phone called "CX file Explorer" so I could transfer images to my computer without using USB.

What I noticed was that transferring small files over wifi from the phone was blazing fast 8 to 12 MB per second (compared to W10). last night I needed to move a 4 gig folder from my computer to the NAS windows was going to take DAYS... DAYS!!!! CX file explorer took less than an hour! Right now I am moving a folder (using W10) with 910 megs 16800 files and it says it will take 2 hours (speed is in the KB range)! I stopped it, and started it on CX file Explorer and it completed 900 megs in less than 5 minutes!

keep in mind large files transfer at expected speeds on windows 10.
YES I have tried all the copy and pasted suggestions by microsoft on how to TRY to fix this.
I never had this issue on windows 7 or XP.
anyone have a suggestion?

I had this problem, drove me nuts. End result : I had to wipe Windows and reinstall completely.
Check the thread here : thread779-1813167

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

well that's not going to happen. it takes me 2 straight days to get my computer to a point I consider it usable when I have had to wipe it, or get a new one.

goombawaho
no my issue was with copying from windows 10 to a NAS and only a NAS.

pmonett
so something weird happened. I read your thread and someone mentioned creating a new profile. well I would only do that if it was really necessary. my profile is HIGHLY modified.

so I logged in as my wife who has never logged in before. mapped a drive and copied some jpg files to the local computer and then back to the qnap.

WT everlovin' F!? it ZIPPED through it. then I logged back in as me, and tried it again, and where I used to have transfer rates to the nas (with jpgs) of 1 or 2 kbps I am now getting about 12 or more MBps.[ponder] no I have rebooted and logged out on many occasions before today and nothing made a difference.

it's still slow to the synology. very bizarre.

and to complete the solution that was also plaguing my synology, I excluded wolf security from scanning my synology shares (which had been disabled for the qnap).

now FINALLY everything is fast all the time.

That's good to know. I'm very happy for you because I know where you've been.
Happy filing !

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back