Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continue Execution without clicking on 'OK' button of alert box

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajivGoel

Programmer
Apr 25, 2005
US
Hi All,
I am having a slight problem.
I have a program which displays an alert box after a delay of every five seconds. Only after I have clicked the 'OK' button on the alert box, will the execution continue and the next alert box will be displayed after five seconds.
I want that even if I don't click the 'OK' button on the alert box, the execution continues and the next alert box is displayed alongwith the previous one and so on.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Rajiv

AFAIK, you will not be able to do this with standard alert boxes - as they are modal, and you can not have two modal dialogs active at the same time.

You will have to write you own DHTML solution if you need mulitple alert boxes open at the same time.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

Why, why, why ?

If a user goes out to lunch they will come back with hundreds of alert boxes ???? Why would you want that ?

Only malicious sites do things like that.. I recommend you rethink your solution.

A smile is worth a thousand kind words. So smile, it's easy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back