Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

continue cloning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

garynhelfrich

Instructor
May 14, 2006
US
Upon saving my cloned painting, when I opened it up again I was not able to continue to clone. Any secrets in saving and reopening a file to continue to clone.
Thanks
Gary

You'll need to open both the original image or photo and the Clone.

Then go to the File menu, choose Clone Source, and check the file name of the original image or photo.

That reestablishes the connection between the original and the Clone and tells Painter to take color information from the original when you paint on the Clone.

Jinny Brown

Hi
I've got Corel Painter Essentials 2 and want to add more images to the clone and image hose options.
How do I get these into the package?

Hi,

I don't have Corel Painter Essentials 2, but my guess is that you can't create new Nozzles or load extra Nozzles or Nozzles libraries which is what you'd need to do in order to have more Nozzle images to use with the Image Hose brush category.

Most of the "lite" Painter versions don't allow us to add extra brushes and art materials libraries and the cabilities for creating are very limited compared to full Painter versions.

Sorry.
I don't think you would be limited on the number of images you could use for Clone painting.

As to using more images when Clone painting, here's what I'm guessing you should be able to do:

Just open the image you want to use as the original, Clone it, select and delete the Clone Canvas imagery, choose a Cloners brush variant, then begin painting on the Clone.

You might try posting your questions in the Corel Painter newsgroups on the chance someone there has Corel Painter Essentials 2 and will be able to let you know for sure what you can do.

Add Server: cnews.corel.com

Subscribe to:

c.Painter
c.Painter IX

Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back