Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

continious form with checkboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBee

MIS
Aug 10, 2001
US
I am trying to disable some fo the checkboxes on a form that is attached to a query. The form is a continious form with 2 checkboxes and a label next to each checkboxes

Private Sub Form_Load()
If Me.SubZip.Value = "Mariposa" Then
Me.chkMail.Enabled = True
Else
Me.chkMail.Enabled = False
End If

End Sub

In the form load, I wanted to disable a couple of the checkboxes if the label values meets some condition( see code above). The code above is disabling all the check boxes.

help please. . thank you.

Standard behaviour for unbound controls in the detail section of a continuous form.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

How are ya EBee . . .

This is typical behavior for an [blue]unbound[/blue] control in a continuous form . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

thank you both . . . the users just have to deal with that i guess. . . moving on to the next feature. .

You need to bind the control to the field at one point or another, via code or the control's properties. Check the control source of the control itself. An always unbound control is useless always.

-- Fast Learner, I Think

Here's something to think about. How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery!'? - Jay Leno

This seems to work.

Private Sub chkMail_AfterUpdate()
If Me.subZip = "Mariposa" Then
Me.chkMail = Not Me.chkMail
End If
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back