Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContHist index problem - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfoNow

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have just inherited Goldmine 6.0 and problems are starting to show up. I have a remote user that couldn't see any of the history. I redo his one-button sync and still nothing shows up. I was told to do a maintenance on the database and when I do that it gave me an error. Here is the error message:

"Unique key violation indexing MSSQL: Golmine_Contacts: dbo_CONTHIST"
"The key value in the RECID field(s)are not unique. Please correct the non-unique records and index again"

I went into the SQL Query Analyer and did a check for duplicate records on the CONTHIST table and it found over 29000 records with duplicates. What is happening to Goldmine? Did I do something to cause this to duplicate like that? What can I do to get it back working again?

Thanks

Hi

Try re-hosting the database back down to dBase and the doing a pack and rebuild with the 'Verify the data and synchronisation information' options selected.

However, if this is a remote you may find that the problem exists on the server and other remotes.

That is a lot of dups, what query did you do?

Try the following:
Code:
Select recid, Count(*)  from conthist group by recid having count(*) > 1

Regards

Rob

Rob, thank you for your reply...
The query statement was

SELECT count(*), recid from CONTHIST
GROUP by recid
HAVING count(*) > 1

I think that it does the same as the code you provided. This issue is way out of my league, so I've called in the people from VAR and they are looking into the problem now. Initial indication is that the problem is on both the server and remotes.
She also indicated that this duplication has been going on for a long time, based on the date of creation and it finally broke on my watch (great!). Is there any truth to that? Could it be doing this all along and we didn't catch it? How could SQL let this happen?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back