Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

context menu key

Status
Not open for further replies.

theEclipse

Programmer
Dec 27, 1999
US
Is there an equivalent of the M$ context menu key on my MBP?

I used to use it a lot on my windows laptop when posting in forums and such because Firefox has the spell checker built in --move the cursor into the work that it had underlined and press the context menu key to get its suggestions on spelling corrections. Not that it is a huge loss....and having a unix system way offsets any shorthandedness in that respect.

Thanks

Robert Carpenter
Remember....eternity is much longer than this ~80 years we will spend roaming this earth.
ô¿ô

Yes.

Use 2 fingers on the track pad and click. (not sure that works on a Macbook Pro or whether it's just Macbooks)

Or

Press CTRL and click

Or

Get a 2 button mouse

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

I concur.

On powerbook - ctrl + click.

On Macbook or MacBookPro, ctrl + click or tap with two fingers.

Or use a two button mouse.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

I don't like tappy trackpads. I'm too heavy handed. I've go mine set not to click when I tap, I have to press the button. So it's just 2 fingers on the pad and click with my thumb.

Multi point touch trackpads are fab.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Hmm....Thanks for the replies, but I must have mis-stated what I am wondering about.

I have my mbp set to Ctrl-click when I use two fingers. That works great.

But on a PC, there is a key that, by itself (ie. no mouse click) brings up a context menu. Its usually next to the windows key. It has nothing to do with the mouse and no clicks are required from the mouse to make the context menu appear.

Is there a way to set that up on my laptop?

Robert Carpenter
Remember....eternity is much longer than this ~80 years we will spend roaming this earth.
ô¿ô

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back