Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContentType MSWord requesting relogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanJansson

Programmer
Aug 2, 1999
GB
The web site I work on requires a login before you can access it. When you've logged in once, you do not need to log in again for that session. Pretty straight forward. However I sometimes have problems when I add the following code at the top of my asp page.

<% Response.ContentType = &quot;application/msword&quot; %>

The problem is that from some machines you are required to login again for asp pages of this type. On my machine login is required 3 times. On a colleague it is always required 1 more time.

Thanks for at least reading this.
Sean.

Do you know how a user loggs in? It the login stored in a Cookie, Session, or other way? If it is a directory permission login, then there is no way you can access or script for Windows permission logins. If it is an ASP-based login (i.e. Session or Cookie set), there might be a way to fix it. Harold Blackorby
hblackorby@scoreinteractive.com
St. Louis, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back