Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contents of Drop Down Box dependant on value in a single cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliseFreedman

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Hi there I am after some help

We have a model at work which has 13 different objectives. I am trying to devise a spreadsheet linked to our document portal whereby the 13 objectives are listed on the spreadsheet in individual cells. There is then a drop down box next to each objective which will populate with the documents pertaining to that objective only. I have searched the web but can only find info pertaining to having two dependant drop down boxes. In my case, the first value is simply a value in a cell rather than a drop down box. I then want the value to determine the relevant links from a second sheet which I will receive monthly which has the objectives in the first column and then a description of the document in the second column and the location of the document in the third column.

Elsie,

This can be accomplished several ways. But in each case, you must have a table that relates the Objectives to the Documents pertaining to those Objectives.

This monthly sheet, does it get ADDED to the workbook or is the DATA on the monthly sheet added to an existing sheet? How many sheets are involved in this lookup of sorts?

Can you upload a representative sample workbook?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein
AD1D550E-FCB5-4AB6-A3C8-1F86CACE2554_ne1bcz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back