Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Content Management instead of SSIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadChough

Programmer
Dec 20, 2007
GB
I am looking for a system that will enable clients to edit the content of their site-entries in a simple way. At present their entries are stored as Server Side Includes and each SSI is likely to be summonds to appear on several webpages on the site. But I myself have to make any changes to the SSIs.
I want clients to be able to edit their own entry centrally and then for the amended entry to appear in its new form where ever it is "required".
As you will see below, each webpage contains several SSIs from different clients.
An example of a webpage can be seen at
(This page has been separated from the main site to avoid password requirements, but demonstrates the structure of the site. Each of the central cells contains an SSI)
I am unsure if any Content Management Systems will do this. I have not posted this on the CMS forum because it appear to be virtually unvisited, and also I would want any system I use to work in conjunction Dreamweaver.
Is there a simple solution, or am I going to have to get involved with php/mysql?

why not go along with a CMS and have them use TinyMCE or any wysiwyg online editor.
You don't have to write any php just html/css with a few tags using Expression Engine. Highly recommend it and you can see it in action in the link in signature.
Of course, you can always hand code something in php mysql vs. using ssi with simple Insert command into database.

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back