Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Content Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite

Technical User
Jan 31, 2001
US
I have the same problem as others regarding Content Advisor. After disabling the Advisor through regedit, the instructions I have read say to go back to Tools, Internet Options, Content and click Disable. Well....Disable is grayed out - I can't click on it. It apparently already is disabled. I can leave the system Disabled, and I no longer get the "please check your Content Advisor for missing info" message, which is fine enough, but I WANT to ENABLE the darn thing. I can enable it, but then I am right back to the same dang problem of that error message. The regedit solution merely provides a way to avoid the error message, but apparently does not do anything to fix whatever the problem is, and leaves the Advisor disabled. Is there any TRUE fix for this problem so that Content Advisor will work ENABLED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back