Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contant Ringing Before Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

prflash

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
Has anyone experienced this before with the IPO. We have an IPO with version 2.1 software. Sometimes when we call the site we hear 30 or so rings before the call is answered. When we ask the personnel how many times the phone rang they say maybe 2 before they answered. This also happens on transfered calls.

Prflash

first upgrade your ipo to minimum 3.2.57 and try after

Sorry but I that as being BAD advice.
2.1 is a DT based firmware. Putting 3.2 (57) on the will make it U/S as it is meant for DS phones.

However I think more detail of the software levels on the unit and the type of lines would be very useful.
Can I guess right you are using a ATM16 Unit for analogue lines?

2.1 isn't DT based. DS run quite happily on it (just not 54XX's)

2.1 is a good solid firmware.

prflash, can you give us some more details.

Check how your i/c call route is set and make sure it isn't routing to some alog phones that aren't plugged in before getting to the ones that are.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Check callstatus from remote, look if there are other extensions ringing first before the call is being answered by the people that say it only rang twice.
Maybe a huntgroep filled with analog extensions that are not plugged in anymore?

I have seen this before on 2.1 funny thing is that it is not a persistant problem, it can happen a few days and it can be gone for some time without any reason.
Taking traces with the monitor tool will show the call coming in and the call is queued to the group, system says all the phones are busy but they are not and nothing happens for a while, then all of a sudden the phones come alive.
I have never seen it on later builds, upgrading is not a bad idea.

What version 2.1 are you on?? Are you using DT handsets???

If you are going to upgrade and you are using DT's then be careful using 3.0(578)DT. There is a problem with the 5.0(578) Manager that causing major problems every time a merge config is done!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Check user names not full names, hunt group names and make sure they have only a-z, 0-9, and not a number first, no spaces. Remove any invalid users from hunt groups, delete invalid users, or abandoned users. Check if the hunt group type got change to linear if it is not supposed to be. Make sure your system is grounded properly, see which trunk it is you are coming in on, and plug it into a different port(swap with another one). Also, plug a test set to the trunk in question and see if it rings properly. I assume these are POTS trunks in my reply.

Also, see if the users have DND turned on via user applications, or phone set. Worth checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back