Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Containing size of Brightstor.log/Activity Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalabrigaboris

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2002
CA
I previously used Arcserve 2000. I would run a daily script that would empty the contents of Brightstor.log before the evening's backup. I am looking to upgrade to Arcserve version 11 and noticed it does not work anymore. When I use "net start>Brightstor.log" I get the error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Does anyone know a scripted workaround so the activity log size won't just keep growing? Thanks in advance.

Not sure why you have to empty the content of the activity log. If you do want to do so, just delete the BrightStor.log.

as Velley said why you want to delete the content of BrightStor Activity log,it is very useful for troublshooting and follow up your backup status instead of deleting it I recommand you to limt it is size by going to Arcserve 11 fodler and find the folder Config then open the file asloggered and reduce the value of ACTIVITY_LOG_MAXFILE_SIZE less than the defult which 32 MB

redcuing the value of ACTIVITY_LOG_MAXFILE_SIZE will always keep your log automaticallty stable(fix size) and no need even to write any scripts to delete its content.

you can also limt the size of other logs.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back