Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContactStore and VM Pro on same server

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSIPO

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2005
AU
Hi For a LAB Enviroment does it really matter if the Contacttore and the VM Pro are installed on the same server?

I would thik not however someone should know or has done this before?

done it several times and it works

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Did you read the documents?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

I've done it on our test/demo system and had no problems havent tested it onsite though

Knowledge....makes your head hurt

i have it running on the same server, drive are split though as per the docs.

Disk Partitions

We recommend that you install ContactStore on a dedicated drive partition. This enables the software to monitor the available disk space and automatically delete your oldest recordings to make room for newer ones as your disk fills.

If you install the software onto a partition that other software uses, you may find that, over time, the amount of storage available for your recordings decreases, due to gradual build-up of log files, internet caches, temporary files, and so on. ContactStore is designed to control the growth of its own such files in its own partition but cannot do so for other applications.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

I would even say that VMPRO and Contact Store should be on the same server, since the Contact Store wont be any useful if the re is not a VMPRO recording calls.

I use to do so, and setup a network drive (which can be indeed on the same server) to manage the storage more conveniently, the rest works fine.

Hipo Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back