Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacts turned into emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilzeus

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
US
I have Outlook 2003 on my work machine and at home. Both connect to an Exchange server. One day while at home, I noticed that the Contacts that I had were not the same as the Contacts I have at work. My home machine's Outlook connects to my Exchange (work) email server and also a personal email account. When I would click the Contacts button on the lower left (at home), I recieved a different list compared to the Contacts I had at work. By expanding the folder view for the Exchange account I was able to see my Contacts from work. Thinking it would be just this easy, I clicked and dragged that folder to my Contacts button on the lower left. When I went to see if the contacts were added, I noticed that they were not. What I did notice via a folder expansion was that a new sub-folder called Contacts was created in my contacts. Inside this folder was what looked like emails, but the Subject was the name of the contact?! So all my work contacts were converted into emails?!! The from and to is my name and the subject is the title of the contact. So now that contact list is gone. Some of them were distribution lists too. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back