Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacts in OL2000 Disappear after being added

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpalmer

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
US
I've been noticing several users losing their contacts after adding them. We are using Outlook 2000. Users will add their contacts into Outlook through the normal means. Once they click Save and Close, the contact appears for about a second, then disappears. The weird thing about it is that the count of contacts at the bottom increases, so it must mean they are there, but not visible. I've verified that no filters on turned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I can't check the exact conditions/options at the moment, but like all other Outlook folder views, even contacts should have filtering settings under View, Current View. I'd check there first.

I found the fix for the problem. If a user has access to another users' contact list and adds contacts for him/her. (Like a secretary would do for his/her boss) Once that user clicks Save and Close the contact is updated on the other users' list and goes in as Private. The user on the other end would then have to uncheck the Private box to allow viewing access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back