Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacts and Calendar don't restore correctly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vargas71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2003
CA
We need to restore all the mailboxes of users on the Exchange Server after the Information Store corrupt.

We have create a new Information Store..and I need to restore those mailboxes...

The problem is, when I restore Contacts and Calendar...Contacts are not correct, because the contacts names don't appear, and we have some blank one...and there's nothing in the Calendar...

and also some problem with some e-mails:

And on Backup exec I have somes errors telling me :

Unable to restore the directory \User1 [user1]\Top of Information Store\Contacts.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Access denied to file ?User1 [user1]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items?re: visual needs.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Error writing file data.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

and

Access denied to file ?User2 [user2]?Top of Information Store?Calendar?Renew book for U of M.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Error writing file data.

What can be the problem???

Can someone tell me what to do???

Thanks!!

Calender information and most contact info are kept in the IS database. If you had to recreate the IS, then your probably SOL.

Those errors your seeing can be cause by certain Virus software. If you have Norton, check their site about those errors. If not, dont know what to tell ya.

Good luck.

Any luck yet, have the ssame problem and will be happy to hear your solution.
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back