Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacting Zonealarm Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

moveit

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have been on the Zonealarm forum but see that it is not being used so hope you can help.

I need to contact their technical support but when I go on their site and click on the various ways to contact them I cannot get the browser to open. As I am UK based I think that it the reason. About a year ago I was able to send an email to technical but that address has closed. Can anyone give me either a contact email address or a phone number hopefully in the UK.

Again sorry to come on here but I am stuck with a problem only Zonealarm can sort.

Doesn't work for me either, the US site just pops open a chat window with nothing in it...

if I copy the URL ( ) into IE, IE tells me that the web site is not displayable...

there is a phone number you can call though:
Users who have no internet or email access at all and cannot uninstall or shutdown ZoneAlarm please call: 650-628-2210, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST. Note: All other calls to this line will not be accepted.

hope that helps a bit...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Hi BadBigBen

Should the phone number have a code number before it? I do not reckonize the country.

I just got on to the website with no problems, you may want to try it again.

Hi mltcoombs. I can get on the web site but it is the 24/7 technical sections that will not load on the browser. I do not know if you are based in the UK but if BagBidBen cannot get it either then it is a European problem. Zonealarm help seems to have gotten worse since Check Point took them over.

Sorry US based - I am using IE 8 if that makes a difference and I was able to get to the 24/7 technical section that BigBadBen had in his post.

I can see the web site but I cannot get the the 27/7 links to work. I did manage to find a phone number in UK for Check Point but they deal with Enterprise and did not fully understand Zonealarm. I use IE8 and Firefox but neither can get further than the Zonealarm site and not the technical help. I have tried the site many time during the past days without any success.

This is the page I get but when I click on the 24/7 help I get a second browser which says - Internet Explorer cannot display the web page

This is the part that I cannot get to work.

I got to tell you, the link is not working for me again...

seems to work from my WORK computer, but not my HOME computer, both running XP SP3, up to date, and FF... STRANGE...

the only difference, is the ISP that the machines connect to...

but MoveIT, why are you trying to contact ZA in the first place, if I may ask... perhaps we can be of help in that regard...

Ben

Hi BadBigBen

I think my problem is a registry one. I have 2 computers one has only XP Pro the other 2 separate hard drives with XP Pro on one and Windows 7 Pro the other. This allows me to boot into which ever one I want to work with. My Zonealarm Suite is for 3 computers which I believe I now have. On the XP computers Zonealarm shows I have over a years subscription left but the Windows 7 states my anti-virus has run out. I have tried different ways to un-install and re-install the software but when I enter the serial number the same message comes up.

I know that un-installing programs does not always clear the registry and that is why I think I cannot get a proper clean install.

Take a look at:

Removing Zone Alarm

it's a bit dated, but worth a look...

there is also the ZA Removal Tool @
now I haven't used ZA for ages, stopped using ZA because it caused more problems then it was worth, so I can not verify if the above will work properly...

Ben

I use Comodo, much more user friendly than it used to be. It just works as they say. (and its free [smile]).

Steve: N.M.N.F.
If something is popular, it must be wrong: Mark Twain

Hi BagBidBen

Tried removing Zonealarm as per the link you gave but no good. While I was on Windows 7 computer I had a go at the Zonealarm technical site and got through. They sent me a list of things to do and I can now use Zonealarm on Windows 7.

It is strange that both XP computers still will not get the link but the W7 will. I even asked a friend who has XP and they had no difficulty getting the technical help. Thanks for your help during this and all the others.

glad to hear that you got it in the end... ;)

as I mentioned above, on two PC's both with XP, same AV, same FW, same same except ISP... one works the other does not... strange... yep... am I worried, no, as sggaunt I use Comodo...

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back