Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Server connecting to 2nd ICM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackL1974

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2014
GB
Hi,

I have an existing Contact Server 6.3 install connecting to Aspect Call Center v9.3. The CS currently has one connection to an ICM instance. As part of a new project I am wanting to connect a 2nd separate ICM instance to the same CS to receive the same call data. Can anyone please confirm what I need to do on CS to allow this 2nd connection? Or can I simply programme the new ICM to connect using same details as existing ICM?

Thanks

Jack

If you are asking about the ICM connecting to the contact server on the native client port, yes - you can set up the new ICM client to connect to the contact server. The native port supports multiple client connections.

Thanks for the response,
Just to clarify, if I setup the new ICM using same connection details as existing ICM instance, does that mean I do not need to do anything on the CS ICM Adapter?
Thanks

I don't believe you'll need to do anything in the contact server. The CS is just passing the data thru between the callcenter and the native clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back