Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

contact server 5.2 eflow question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajhtw

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2005
US
hello all,
this is my first post, i will try my best to be very clear.

we are looking to impliment a call routing based on agent availablity between 2 different call centers and and their respective agent group. these 2 call centers are not connected in anyway except tie lines. NIQ is not an option now.
calls are received in call center A and depending on agent availablity in call center B calls will flow there.
i have put together a custom program which outputs the number of agents in avail from call center B
now my question is how to get that data from the custom program back to the routing CCT in A so that we can make a decission in the CCT to route calls to internal agent group or to the tie lines to call center B,
all help in this is much appriciated.

if you have ACD 1 and 2 on a the same network you can use the Rolling DNIS / Dynamic DNIS method.

Reserve a number of DNIS numbers on the destination ACD 2. Call goes in ACD 1, kick off an eFlow, reserve on DNIS on ACD 2, store data using the DNIS as a key in the repositry. Transfer the call to this DNIS number on ACD 2.
ACD 2 kicks off an eFlow and uses the DNIS to lookup the stored data. Next the DNIS is marked free.

Also use a timestamp to timeout DNIS reservations after a few seconds.

However IP-NIQ is the better option.

If ACD 1 and 2 have no Network connection, you can only try to use UUI (user to user info) over the ISDN trunks if the carrier supports it. ACD 9.x is required.

very intresting. i had never tried dynamic DNIS or rolling method.
if i am not reading it wrong..the two methods you had mentioned actually requires the call to be delivered to call center B before we can make any decision. we are trying to reduce the number of calls going to third party call center.
one of my developer had actually got it working using infogram and times ten server/client to get the number of avail from site B across to site A to make a decision on wether to keep the call inhouse or send it to the 3rd party call center.

has any one used times ten interfaces? if yes how is the response on load conditions?
thank you again for your valuable time.

the rolling DNIS is for transferring the call, not for making the decision if a transfer should happen.

ECS 5.2 comes with Realtime Grabber which picks up Infograms and writes them into timesten tables. So no need to develop, just install and configure. Configuring could be more intuitive.

Several thinks to consider:
- network bandwith when sending realtime data across the WAN
- make sure the reserved DNIS numbers are released automatically - timestamp - if a call is not doesn't reach ACD B (i.e. Customer hung up, while transferring)
- make sure no one else calls the DNIS numbers while they are reservered, otherwise wrong screen pops.

Rolling DNIS works across switches Aspect, Avaya, Nortel.
If ACD A,B are Aspect consider IP NIQ otherwise you're implementing something which has been done already for you.

You can transfer as many calls simultaneously as you have dedicated DNIS numbers on ACD B. You should write records in a logging database how many DNIS numbers you reserved and transferred succesfully. A transfer shouldn't take more than 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back