Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Centre Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

charnny

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
Dear All, I am looking to replace all our phones in our contact centre and was wondering what everyone else was using to handle calls and what they would remcommend. We are running CM5.2 with callmaster 4 phones and I recently bought a 16CC phone to try. Much to my dismay they seem only to be SIP compatible. Can anyone else advise on a good contact center phone. We handle 1000's of calls per week and need something robust. I was also hoping not to have to have a handset phone but rather an agent turret but this now seems unlikely. Thanks in advance

Avaya just released some new phones (9608, 9611G, 9621G, 9641G). You may want to ask them if they can be used in a contact centre. ..or if there are any planned models for use in a contact centre.

I implement a large number of call centers. Since Avaya is moving from IP Agent to one-X Agent I would recommend staying on hardphones (I've played with the ROI numbers). You can use the 96xx series phones. We have customers who use the 9620, 9630, and 9640 (I would stay away from the 9650 for agents). The 9620 is minimal. The 9630 is gray scale and the 9640 is color display. They all support headsets.

As noted Avaya has just released some new phones. I really like the 9611. Of course it is new so there won't be much of a track record. Look closely at the pricing. For instance if you have non-call center users or managers and you want to give them blue-tooth capabilities the 9670 is only a few dollars more than the 9640 with Bluetooth adapter and the new stand required to fit around the bluetooth adapter (poor design).

I have stayed away from the 16xx series phones like the plague. I can't justify going back to hard labels. Unless you have third party SIP endpoints you need to deploy why add the complexity of SIP endpoints? You might want to convert to SIP in 2 years if you migrate to NGCC but for now H.323 provides a simpler deployment for agents.

I have several 1616's via h323. They do not have to be SIP. I actually kinda of like having 16 buttons you can actually see at one time without scrolling and the paper labels really only need to be setup once in an EAS enviornment. I only have a few to test with so no track record on reliability.

-CL

Thanks for the replies . Lopes1211 you said the 16xx phones dont have to be SIP ? I am really struggling setting these phones up as H323 can you advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back