Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Center vs. Symposium - basic 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voice99

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2014
US
Good morning tek-tippers, has anyone migrated from Symposium to Contact Center and know the ropes, so to speak? My office has both, I know Symposium but do not understand the ins and outs of Contact Center. I know a posting on here is not going to teach me everything and that's not what I'm looking for. But if you understand the differences, can you help me out?

Basically, just looking to understand the different components/building blocks to make it work. Example:

Symposium 101:
Build CDN in Nortel PBX
Build CDN in Symposium, acquire CDN
Build ACDN in Nortel PBX
Build Skillset in Symposium
Build Script in Symposium referencing new Skill
Compile Script, validate, activate
Change Master Script, add entry for new CDN

Contact Center 101:
???

The steps in Contact Center (AACC 6.4) are similar to Symposium.
There are differences in 'look and feel', f.e. Scripting now goes via an application called 'Orchestration Designer' but all will seem familiar (some of our Script Variables are still from 2004 ;-)

If you also upgrade to Multimedia and CCT there will be additional applications and (web)consoles.

Ok, but you're not giving me the whole story. What are the pieces in Contact Center that I have to understand in order to build 1 full application? If I run a bank or a hospital or a call center and someone comes to me and says we need to order an 800 number and build a call flow for X customer, what are the elements that I need to build to make that happen?

In an Avaya PBX, it's simple. I build agent logins, build phones, build a hunt group and a few announcements. Then I build a vector that is going to process/route my call and build a VDN that uses the new vector. Point new 800 number to a specific trunk and I'm done.

Based on what I just wrote, what do I need to build in AACC to make this happen? Disregard the agent logins and phones, just interested in AACC scripting and objects.

We've upgraded the Nortel PBX to CS1000 and now are on AACC 6.4 (still with TDM phones and Call Pilot).

So I will do the following steps for a new customer entry:
Build CDN in CS1000
Build CDN in AACC, acquire CDN
Build ACDN in CS1000
Build Skillset in AACC
Build Script in AACC referencing new Skill
Build Announcements in Call Pilot if needed
Compile Script, validate, activate in Orchestration Designer
Change Master Script, add entry for new CDN in Orchestration Designer
Eventually configure new reports in CCMA for the MI..

If you have a similar config steps will be the same. Or slightly different if f.e. an Avaya MS server is configured the Announcements have to be configured via Prompt Management in stead of Call Pilot..

Does this answer your question?

Thanks. We have 1 small difference, our AACC is integrated to an Avaya PBX, not Nortel, but I should be able to follow the steps you outlined above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back