Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Center Outbound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsox1975

Vendor
Jan 14, 2008
US
Customer just asked me about setting up a "outbound call center". They have a Contact Center 6.0 with CCMA on site. My question is this: does CCMS have this capability? Does it require another server dedicated to outbound calling?

I've only been trained on Contact Center Installation and Configuration and this wasn't covered(not that I recall anyway).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes it does have the capability but you need to purchase it. Not sure if the outbound campagne manager needs it's own server though.

The campaign manager resides on the CCMA server. You do not need another server for outbound dialing. The only supported method of dialing is of a preview format. Basically, the campaign mangager sends a "call record" from the campaign manager to an agent waiting in an "outbound skillset". The contact is delivered to the agent via Nortel Contact Center Agent Desktop (CCAD). Once the agent receives the contact they initiate the outbound call from their phone. So it looks like an outbound call from an agent esentially- the campaign manager or "dialer server" doesnt really make the outbound call. You do need Nortel CCT server to make this work however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back