Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Consume .NET Web Service from J2EE App

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatcodeguy

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
CA
Hi,

Does anyone know how to configure a JDeveloper project to consume a .NET web service running on a remote server?

All help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Does platform matter? Web services are designed to be platform independent, thus if you have its description through uddi you may build a stub. So the answer is JDeveloper is already configured :)

Regards, Dima

Thanks Sem. I think my question was unclear however (or badly worded =D )

I have a .NET web service already created. I have a J2EE app we're developing using JDeveloper. What steps do i need to consume the .NET service. You mention getting a description through uddi and building a stub. How do i get the UDDI, and how do i build the stub?

I'm new to web services, and i'm new to JDeveloper. I do 90% of my dev in a simple text editor :)

Thanks for the help!!

Create connection to the UDDI listing your service, open that connection, select that service in navigator tree, right button click would open context menu, choose "Generate Web-Service Stub/Skeleton"

If you have only wsdl for that service, select your project in navigator, then File/New/Busines Tier/Web Services/Web Service Proxy. Then specify the location of that wsdl.

Actually you don't need JDeveloper, both Axis and JWSDP have tools generating stub/skeleton by wsdl.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back