Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constraining an autorun Flash file..

Status
Not open for further replies.

theAntic

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
This is for a CD that I'm producing whose menu I am trying to get to pop-up in a 480x360 window. Actually, the Flash file is imbedded in an HTML document, so I suppose this more of an autorun.exe question in regards to the HTML.. but does anyone know if there's a way to have your initial auto-run from a CD file contrained to certain proportions like a pop-up with javascript?

Thanks,

- theAntic

**My apologies.. Please forward to correct forum if misplaced.

fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
fscommand("allowscale", "false");

...First frame of the movie?

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Ahh.. I see that this loads the SWF into a fullscreen/nonscalable browser (and perhaps it would be better to simply reference an SWF instead of HTML), but can this same command resize a window to 480x360 pixels?

I thought the idea was that the movie would be sized 480*360, creating an illusion.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

No. It's like those popups for loading programs like Photoshop or Illustrator or any number of videogames... you know, small constrained windows in the center of the screen. Like this:

WC3-desktop.jpg

Any ideas?

I could be wrong... Never really dealt with that kind of problem... You might want to look into 3rd party software to modify the projector's window... As these...

FlashJester: Screenweaver: Flash 'N Pack: Flash Studio PRO: SWF Kit :
Or this free one... But don't really know what it allows you to control...

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back