Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constant Synchronization Messages When Working Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

batocaster

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
US
We have several XP Pro notebooks set to sync their My Documents folder to a Windows 2003 server using Offline Files. We are set to sync all files and folders when logging on and off the notebook. All of the machines are used within our office and in the users homes. All work flawlessly but one. We have one user who has issues with the sychronization message popping up almost every minute but only when they are working on their home wireless network. In all other locations, the same notebook shows no errors when synchronizing over wirless or a direct LAN connection. We assume something to be wrong with the home wireless network and I am curious to know if anyone else has ever experienced this issue or would know a way to prevent the constant messages which pop up indicating the computer is trying to synchronize. Thanks for any hints or tips.

We assume something to be wrong with the home wireless network and I am curious to know if anyone else has ever experienced this issue or would know a way to prevent the constant messages which pop up indicating the computer is trying to synchronize.
The connection to the wireless router may be dropping and re-establishing causing the system to try to resync.

Have this user try with a hard wire to see if the problem goes away. Hopefully, the internet connecton is not the flaky bit. . .

If the hard wire works, the wireless needs to be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back