Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

consolidation wizard - cluster move

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
ok a few questions in here and i still need to try it

i am going to run a consolidation wizard to copy about 400gb of cluster data from an hsg to a eva. servers are on a gig switch .

in the past i know that mig/consolidation is fairly slow

can it be speeded up by

1. concentrating on tsafs parameters
2. run consolidation wizard from the local gig switch

how much is the actual pc doing - is it pure tsafs and the pc screen is just being refreshed

The wizard is supposed to do everything server to server.. workstation view is display only.. but I still think it eats bandwidth sending the updated view to the workstation. Also, Seems that I heard from Novell that max transmission speed in the wizard is around 17GB/hr regardless of your LAN speed. I don't know if this is still true, i haven't moved that much data in quite a while. Might be a white paper or something that mentions this.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

maybe about right
i did a quick test with about 2 and half gig and it was going through about 19gb and hour

to me it has to be eating something with the wee flying window display

i was going to look at nss mirroring it then breaking again later but maybe a bit intrusive
if i copy i have an easier back out strategy

ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back