Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

consolidating/sum data on multiple worksheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRG2

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
US
I have a series of worksheets in a workbook. Each sheet contains the hours worked and amount earned by each employee per paycode, per payroll. While the columns all remain the same and the sort is the same (last name, employee number), but the cell references do not remain the same.

I would like to find a way to have the first sheet display the employee number, last name, first name and a total of all hours worked and the amount for all paycodes on all of the worksheets, for each employee.

It also needs to be able to update when the end user adjusts or deletes various entries in the worksheets (to comply with union rules).

I have tried to use the consolidate function without any luck. I have limited VB skill and had thought to use a macro to do this, but have had no luck with this.

Any advice on a direction would be nice. I need to use Excel if possible to solve this so I can SQL the data into Excel and e-mail it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back