Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ConsoleOne Default Root 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhansen

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
CA
Is there a way to set up ConsoleOne to automatically start at my root instead of having to browse the whole tree every time.

You can set up a shortcut to console1 on your desktop. Browse to the console1 file, right click and send to desktop.

Don't think the question referred to how to create a shortcut....

There should be an option to Save Settings on exit somewhere under the menus. If you navigate to the [Root] then exit with the Save Settings option set, the setting should be saved. I do not have ConsoleOne in front of me right now so I cannot confirm where the save settings option is. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Console One doesn't allow you to do this. You can choose Set as Root but that is only for your current Console One session. Why Novell did this is a mystery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back