Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console..."error connecting to localhost"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vussey

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2007
GB
Strange problem, Mom 2005 all working very well indeed. Changed to a new fixed IP address as I had overlooked it was DHCP originally, and I cannot load the operator console (error connecting to server : localhost) and the administrator console says failed to initialise snap-in. Mom service is running fine, I have reinstalled the user interfaces and repaired the installation. Nothing of consequence in the event viewer at all, in fact the web console is reporting fine.

Curious, are you running an eval version? I experienced the same issues while running in eval AND on the Management Server. I had to install the operator and administrator console on a different box. Once we obtained a licensed version, I was able to use these consoles on the Management Server as well.

I hope you find this post helpful,

Jonathan Almquist
Minneapolis, MN

Hi, thanks, yes it's an eval version, I reinstalled in the end.

Regards, Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back