Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console output is really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmac228

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2003
GB
When connecting through a terminal server to a T2000 (running SunOS 5.10) console port, the characters are displayed at teletype speeds (lucky if its a character a second).

I've had the TS port checked and it's 9600 baud, the /etc/ttydefs for console is 9600, /etc/remote is set to 9600, /kernel/drv/options.conf is bd (9600).

I'm at a bit of a loss now as to why the console output is so slow. Curiously enough it's not slow when connected via a console cable to a laptop.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by - Douglas Adams

I take it back, it is slow when you plug a laptop into the serial port too.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by - Douglas Adams

It's not just the baud you need to set. Make sure you have the following settings...

Bits Per Second = 9600
Data Bits = 8
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Flow Control = None

And maybe try a different cable. If it's not wired correctly, it could be introducing some flow control that's not wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back