Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console not working on 3c8842 (NBII 142 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctlb

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
IE
I recently removed 2 NBII 142 ST's which were running a bridged link as I couldn't console onto either. I can't telnet as neither has an ip address. Can anyone suggest how to reset the routers to fasctory defaults via a jumper setting or something..

Hi, ctlb

I have same problem, I also have 2 OfficeConnect routers without any possibility to access via console port. Probably it just doesn't work, cause I have newer seen any inforations about how to disable console port. Just it alwasy have to work, unless it is broken. And you need console access to reset router to default settings...

Brat

Brat,

I opened up one of the routers and found what looks like a reset switch. I kept it pressed and powered up the router. I got a few coontrols characters on the console, but that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back