Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

console into nortel baystack 350-24t

Status
Not open for further replies.

jundalabee

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
Our organisation purchased 5x 350 series and I cant console into any of them. I am using a female - female db9 cable into serial com port on my pc. I think the pinouts are ok, maybe its my hyper term settings. I am using the following:

9600 baud
no parity
8 bits
1 stop bit
no flow control

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Hi there,

Your consloe settings look fine, for normal use. However, they may not be set to that on the switch. When you are conected and you powercycle the switch, do you get any response at all? (do you see anything on the screen?) If you see a little bit of something, the baudrate could be wrong, have a play with them.

Make sure that you have the correct pin out on the cable you are using to console into the box. Try:- to check if you've got the right one (the 450-24T has the same pinout)

Hope this is of some help.
Leigh

Sounds like you need a different cable. Some used null modem and some used straight through. I believe the older switches like the 350 used null modem.

Thanks guys,

As it turns out it was the wrong cable :)

Tim.

As it turns out I was using a DB9 null modem.

The company that supplied us with the switches made us some straight through ribbon type cable.

I could try to obtain the pinouts if you're really keen??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back