Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console EES Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

drifter56

Technical User
Nov 20, 2007
US
I guess I didn't post this correctly as it did know show up in the list so will try again. Our operators had an issue this weekend where the EES key stopped working when they were trying to use our language line. I finally discovered that pressing the # key first would allow the EES key to enagage and work correctly. First thought possible EOD timer in route, lowered to 4096 with no change. No other digital sets are having this issue so did not think it would be a TDS. It was late so tried an INI with no change. Operators are ok using it this way for now but I found out today they have to do the same proceedure to use our voice mail as well. We have Call Express integrated with 2616 ACD agents, but they have to still press # before they can engage the EES key for voice mail. Our system is Option 61C on succession 4.0, old I know. Thanks

did this just start out of the blue? an ini has not been a great idea since rls 16..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John,

Yes it did seem to start out of the blue, the operator working that day said it was working fine until around 10am, I had an issue with my cell that day so did not get here until that evening. I did check the history files and did not see anything that would indicated any system or console related issue. I don't ini this system often, but have been here since 07 and only other time we did an ini was for another console related issue when the park key stopped working. I tried everything else I could think of at the time and finally and ini correct that issue. Also I mistyped in the original post the system on on 3.0 not 4.

Thanks,

I'm assuming these are 2250 consoles and you said you are using a 3rd party voice mail system so that would be an internal call, right? That would rule out a timer in the RDB. How many consoles is this happening on?

In your FTR data what is EEST and DTMF set to in the Customer Data Block?

Hi KCFLHRC,

Yes we have 3 2250 consoles, same issue on all three. You are correct our voice mail is 3rd party with 2616 acd integration so internal call. Also our paging system uses 500 ports and same issue there. The reason I first looked at the RDB timers was the original report was with our language line which is external. EEST is set to no, DTMF does not print out but assume is no as there is no dtmf feedback on consoles for digital sets.

Thanks,

I would set EEST to YES and DTMF to NO. I have one working like this right now with a 3rd party Voice Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back