Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Consistent DEFRAG error in win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelleyot

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
Hi!
I can't find a reference specific to this error (and the one after that) anywhere...perhaps someone can help. When using windows 98 on the office computer, I get this after defragmenting: "DEFRAG has caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff9dba7" This is followed by another message: "A fatal exception has occurred at 0028:c02479cc in VXD VWIN32(05) + 00000BF4. The current application will now be terminated" I can't do anything but manually shut it down after that. Can anyone help? Thank you so very much for the attention! Fear Not

Running win98 and can't find VWIN32 on my system I do have VMM32.vxd. vxd is a vertual memory device driver.. Maybe someone else knows what vwin32 is or you can put it in SEARCH and maybe find it.. good luck jackha

Run scandisk . then see if defrag is OK .

Hi! Scandisk is OK, and thank you. Fear Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back