Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Consistency Checks/Verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorphicAlpha

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
US
On BE 8.6 with SQL Agent installed on servers:

In the job options menu, in the Advanced tab there is an option to "Verify after backup completes". There are also 2 options in the SQL tab for Consistency Check either before or after backups.

Is it necessary to have both the "Verify" under the Backup tab and "Consistency Check" under the SQL tab selected, or should I solely check the SQL tab's option? Or does it even matter???

My understanding is that they are checking two different things. Verify is BE checking that it did it's job correctly. Consistancy Check is an SQL check of the backup to ensure the DATA is backed up correctly.

By the way, if you haven't seen my thread on BE 8.6 and SQL Server 2000, please check out thread481-413848. It's about a Build and HOTFIX you need for Veritas to work with SQL.

-SQLBill

Ahh, ok. That's clearer. Thanks! And yes, our build is the latest so we're good on the SQL restore. We've already done a test restore. But thnx for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back