Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connects intially then won't sent or received data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dermot99

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
IE
Hi Guy's (&Gals),
I am currently setting up a dial up for a remote system in my company. the modem is a standard modem using a standard driver. It's being used to receive calls from remote laptops and PC's so that i can configure it without having to drive a couple of hundred miles each time. when dialing in it will initially connect and everything would appear normal then after 10-15 second everything goes pear shaped!!! you cannot ping the machine. WHat is going on????????? i have already changed the Modem on the PC.#
Your Thoughts people

What application(s) are you using? DUN and RAS? PC Anywhere?

And what modem are you using that actually works with the Standard driver? An external I must assume.
pansophic

have you had the chance to look at the modem log on either of the systems? that would tell you something. just to repeat what pansophic said, what protocols and/or OS are you useing? "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back