Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connectivity with crystal enterprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekpant

Programmer
Dec 21, 2004
US
I am using cr 10 with sql server on my laptop.I am working anywhere just trying to get hold of this softare for future use and i am having a problem with connection to CE. when i try to connect to enterprise it give this messase: "Unable to retrive cluster member. CMS host 'ABHISHEK' can be contracted , but there is no CMS port running at port 6400".
Can anyone help i am having this problem for a long time..
I am using these detail for connecting . Is there any default user name or passward for login....
system:ABHISHEK
USER NAME:Administrator
passward:(blank)
authentication:enterprise
abhishek

Hi,
Be sure all the Crystal Enterprise Services are running ( especially the CMS and its database) and enabled.

Use the CCM to find out..

[profile]

i am not able to find out cms is running on my machine or not
please help

Hi,
Did you read the documentation and install the Crystal Enterprise software on your machine?
The CE product is in addition to the CR you say you have installed, not part of it.

The docs will tell you how to connect to the CMC, but the Crystal Configuration Manager ( the CCM) is an application installed when CE is..Look under Crystal Enterprise 10 in your Programs list.

[profile]

I had this same problem with one of my clients. It ended up being related to the client installing a new web service that used port 6400. Try changing the CMS port to a different port number, then restart the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back