Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connectivity issues with Casiopeia and Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes

MIS
May 11, 1999
US
I'm having a problem getting my Casiopeia 100 to reliably connect to my Dell Latitude LS notebook.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's intermittent at best.&nbsp;&nbsp;It may work from the boot, but if you un-sync the PDA from its cradle, you can't go back, and the computer hangs.<br><br>Thanks for your help, in advance,<br>Hobbes

I had a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 3700 docking station and my HP Jornada synchronization. I lowered the connection speed and it took care of it. This may or may not work for you, but it's worth a shot. Please post your result(s) if you tried so I'll know for the next time.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually solved this a couple of months ago. The connection speed was part of the problem. The other part, which I think was the major problem, was the version of ActiveSync I was using. I first tried with the CE Cd that came with the PDA. That was my first mistake. Once I upgraded to Activesync 3.1 from Microsoft, things went smoothly. But, if the connection speeds don't jive, you'll never get a connection. And since I have solved this problem, I now have the dubious honor of supporting our fleet of Casios and othes PDAs. Man, I should have left well enough alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back