Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connectivity issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberlynn

Programmer
Dec 18, 2003
CA
I'm working in an office that is quite 'long' - with ~20 employees.
We have a cable internet connection, connected to a DLINK DI 604 router - connected to 2 DLINK DSS -16+ switches. Cables run from these switches to users in the surrounding offices.
We have one cable that runs about 1/2 the length of the building, where it plugs in to a DLINK DSS -8+ switch. Cables from there hook into a few more offices, and one cable carries on the rest of the length of the building, where it connects to a RetailPlus EZ820-S switch, which connects the final 2 offices to the network.

One of the final offices that connects to our network is having some issues with inconsistency in seeing her mapped drives.
I'm not a networking expert - and am not sure how to begin troubleshooting. Is there a way I can view logs and see if this user is losing her connection intermittently?
Or any other suggestions as to how I might begin to narrow down the issue?

Thanks!!
Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back