Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connectivity for Bindings/Databases Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaphiz

Programmer
Jun 30, 2004
US
We're trying to set up DWMX 6.0 to work with CFMX 6.1. We want to use the 'Databases' and 'Bindings' tabs, so we're going through the specified setup. DWMX is installed directly on the server machine, so we know that there's not a network problem. We're connecting to an Access 2004 database.

Here's a description of the problem through various steps:

1) Recordset icon appears under Bindings (bindings appears to be configured properly)
2) After clicking a Recordset, error generated: 'Associate DataSource Variable w/Data Source and choose DS name variable'

3) Screen pops up saying 'Loading Database Schema'
4) Login screen pops up for RDS, we enter password
5) Error: 'A server timeout has occurred, several causes 1) Is web server up and running? 2) ODBC DSN exists on server?' Both of these conditions are true, so not sure why this error would come up...
6) Hit 'Cancel' to stop trying to access the Recordset
7) Error: 'Possible causes: 1) No testing server 2) Testing Server not mapped to site root.

We know the testing server connection is working because Recordsets are not showing it as a task needed to complete config and we can browse to it through DWMX.

Also, if I open an ASP page, 'Databases' and 'Bindings' tabs both work fine.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Under "Application" > "Databases" in Dreamweaver what do you see? Sounds like your ColdFusion Admin settings are not set properly. Does your datasource in CF admin show "ok" when you check it? Double check all your mappings in CF Admin.

Peace,

Shane

In Application >> Databases in Dreamweaver I see the configuration options of 'configure site' 'configure document type' 'configure testing server' checked. Not checked are 'RDS login' and 'Data Source'.

All pertinent Data Sources show 'ok' when I press 'verify connections' in the CF Admin. All the mappings look correct.

I don't know, however, how DWMX is deciding which datasources to connect to. Does it just read the code off of whatever CF template is open? Anything else I can check? Any good articles on configuring the administrator for RDS? Why do I have to use RDS if I'm within the LAN?

I verified as per another forum that the RDS services are on...

Is it a problem if old datasources we are not currently using are not connecting in the CF Admin? All of the ones we need to use verify as 'OK'.

Even though they are old datasources we no longer use, they apparently effect DWMX. As soon as I deleted them, I was able to connect no prob. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back