Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connectivity Error mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you simply show your connection string? I don't want to download files from some obscure website.

Tore,

engineering.com is associated with tek-tips. See the Attachment section of new posts "Click Here to upload your file to ENGINEERING.com"

OMR,

still it is much simpler to post your connection string (credentials removed, of course). Without looking at your download: Simply use to find your connection string.
Besides that, make sure you installed a 32biit MySQL ODBC driver and an ANSI version, MySQL connectors also come as unicode and 64bit flavors, of which none is compatible for VFP as VFP is 32bit and ANSI.

On top of that, use AERROR(laError) and inspect the laError array created in the Locals Window of the debugger to see what errors, it could also simply be an issue with the MySQL database not allowing any remote connections, no driver issue, or credentials issue. Then you can only use the MySQL db on site, via PHP on the server, for example.

If you want to test your client side installation works, install MySQL local or use a simple remotely accessible sample database , eg from or
Bye, Olaf.

Olaf,

the download may be safe, but I still don't want to look at a picture showing code. I want to see the code as text, as you can surely understand. Then I can try it or change it without risking typing errors.

Well, you gave the reasoning to not download from an "obscure website" and I clarified that.

Bye, Olaf.

HI Tore,
Next time i'll just show via text.... ;)
I just put it in one file the connection string that I made and the DRIVERS
installed on my computers/localhost...

Hi Olaf,
I try to install to other workstation(XP) my connection string and
the 32bit MySQL ODBC driver are working so I believe there should be
no problem on my connection string .. I'll check on the drivers..

what I need is the driver for Windows10..
Now I try to use xampp-win32-5.6.23-0-VC11-installer
and mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.12-win32... for win10..
and now it's working ... thank you guys'''' :)

[peace]
OMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back