Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connections problems to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcujackson

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
IE Version: IE 7
Server attempting to connect to: MySQL Unix Apache Server
Problem
1. When I click add a network place from My Network Connections, nothing happens.
2. When I visit a website and choose File/Edit with Microsoft Front Page I get the page but no prompting for my user name and password. I cleared the cache and auto-forms but it still will not work
3. When I ftp to the site, it works fine.

Are you using XP professional or Home.

I don't think the browser is the issues, but you can always try firefox to be sure.

Is the website you are referring to one that you maintain? If so, does the host server have front page extensions enabled? This may be your issue.

I am unsure why you are recieving a mySQL error as I dont think front page sites can make calls to a mySQL database as they use HTML.

what is the website you are trying to access? If you would like, I can look further into this for you.

Greg Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back