Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connections Limit Reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmontalto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2010
US
Hello All

Forgive me if this is a repeat question, I didn't see it anywhere in the recent threads.

I have an ASA 5512 and my connections seems to be limited at 100000.

Can someone help me to change this as it throws away all successive connections. Thank you

Matt M

Thank you so much... really appreciate your help... so I cant ever up that number with a different licence for the appliance?... I have to get a new device altogether?

Thanks

Yes, that's the limit for the device. Also, Cisco announced EOL for 5512-X so it may be time to replace. Keep in mind that the # of connections includes EVERYTHING, TCP, UDP, all xlates through all zones (if you have DMZs and such), so size with some serious overkill and forget about it. Until mighty Cisco discontinues that model too, of course :)

Thank so much for the info... really appreciate it.... I use all HP devices and have this one cisco device and have to deal with it with no support contract and it drives me nuts.... Have you any suggestions that I can use to try and mitigate the too many connections issue? Thanks

Not without knowing your network. Seems quite a bit. Are you running a website? E-commerce? Do you have a noise/infected host inside that creates a lot of outbound requests?

Thanks so much for all the feedback. really appreciate it. Sorry I took so long to get back. have really had my hands full thus week. Take care and thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back