Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection with hotel package

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongeVoIP

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
NL
Although there is a lot of talk about PMS connection between Mitel 3300 / MCD and hotel packages I'm unable to trace some details.
Would anyone have some information on which hotel packages can be connected DIRECT with IP with the Mitel 3300 systems? Fidelio should be one of them but I haven't had anyone confirming that, so would like to have some real life examples.

Any info appreciated.

I have yet to come across a Vendor that will implement an all IP solution.

Fedelio or Opera has claimed the capability but on one of my sites where I have issues, they say they cannot use it.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I've heard about a solution from Tiger Communications, they will deliver a gateway to connect to Fidelio as an example. But this will cost at least Euro 8000,- added to the Fidelio components, that's why I would like to understand if a direct integration is possible at all. Your answer start to confirm what I think although not the answer I was hoping for.

Let's see if anyone else experienced solutions in this space.

Typical solution involves installing IP-Serial converters and cabling to the Property Mgmt server.

I've used the Precidia I-pocket with reliable results.

Downside is it introduces another point of failure.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back