Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection with database..

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekpant

Programmer
Dec 21, 2004
US
i am facing problem while connecting to database. Can anyone tell me if one can connect to more than one database at time in a report in run time.

can anyone help

Basically, yes you can. However, we need more technical information in order to provide you with a more definitive answer.

Crystal Version
Database and Connectivity
Sample Input data
Expected output

-LW

in a report i have to use two database.initially when i start the crystal report i connect to one database and when i tried to connect to different database it shows connectio failed..with database2

abhishek

Note that Witchita asked for technical information, and you supplied none of it.

At bare minimum state your software and database types and version, along with the connectivity being used, the post is far too vague.

One solution for disparate data sources is to create an MS Access database and link (not import) the tables in and create a query against the tables for use by Crystal.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back